The first is a reading goal, similar to the library reading program, but requiring much more reading to get the "prizes." The library one is pretty easy and the kids are almost through with it, so we wanted to keep the momentum. We have a big piece of butcher paper in the laundry room where all are welcome to log their books. We also give each book a star rating, up to 5 stars. Zig and I are also participating. The kids decided on the prizes.
60 books= Thenos Dairy for ice cream
100 books= TCBY for yogurt
150 books= Wild Waves

The second goal is to exercise every day except Sunday. The girls want to run a 5K at the end of summer so they are working on that. We have tennis, mountain biking, and hiking as well. They also like to do P90X with Zig...wish I did. Anyway, this is a pretty attainable goal, given how easy it is to be active in the summer, but we're having fun with it. The girls set up a course in the yard and ran 201 laps this week. And I took them to a park in Bellevue on Friday for some new scenery for their running.


all tired out
look at those little pink cheeks..good job, Nina!


Most of Evan's exercise this summer will look something like this.
1 comment:
What fun goals! I love the book list (and that Rollin is a lefty!), and the pics of the girls running!
Post a Comment