I wish I could say this was the first time this week that the pint-sized destroyer had found the egg basket. But no, Zig set a basket of eggs down for a minute or two this weekend and Evan had all 18 cracked on the patio in seconds. The photo below only shows one corner of the egg slop. He made sure to drop some in each corner of the laundry room. I couldn't get them all in one photo. Does he look guilty or what?
Actually, proud is more like it!

After Zig and I cleaned up the mess and gave Evan a lecture he completely ignored, I had to laugh to myself picturing him throwing those eggs down one by one with gusto, smiling as they hit the floor and watching with great intrigue as the yellow yolks poured into the grout and even made their way to some clothes! This had to be the highlight of his week! Oh Evan, you are teaching us patience. My parents always said I didn't have too much as a child, so I guess you are here to help me, one egg at a time.
3 comments:
gross! i don't think i could laugh about a mess like that- maybe it'd come a couple months later! i'm sure it was fun to do!!
Busted!! Doesn't look too scared, if you ask me, just disappointed that the fun stops here!!
Eggs are such a pain to clean up! Great fun for Evan, though!
Post a Comment