Saturday, March 5, 2011

hello seattle

Kauai was such a much needed escape, both from the dreary weather as well as the pace of regular life. I most enjoyed being at the ocean, even if most of the time I was holding Evan counting little bodies playing in the surf. I loved waking up with the sun and the roosters and being totally spent by 9pm. I really love the outdoor showers. I took a break from cooking and we just did mostly fish tacos/burritos, sandwiches, etc. We grilled a few times and consumed a lot of local fruit. I did a lot of thinking about the next few years, but haven't come to any conclusions. Just more of an internal list of things/patterns/activities in family life that I want to hold on to and some I will let slide. All for another post.

Here are a few pictures, mostly from the tail end of our vacation. Last visits to the Wishing Well Shave Ice truck, the beach, mini golf, time with our friends, the Norrises, and just hanging out at home. Good times.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
rollin trying to crack the macadamia nuts he gathered in the yard
Photobucket
crafts in the bali house
Photobucket
Sela and Kate in Hanalei town
Photobucket
snorkeling
Photobucket

Photobucket
mini golf

Photobucket
more shave ice with the norrises
Photobucket
how many kids can you see in that tree?
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment: