We stopped by Zig's office. I always loved going to my Dad's office when I was a kid, and my children are no different.
chubby fish
It was all too much for Evan. He was a mad fishie when he couldn't eat candy to his heart's content.
We had our neighbors over for dinner on Sunday evening which was very fun. I always make Dad's chili, cornbread, salad, and pumpkin scones. This year I tried a new pumpkin scone recipe and it's definitely a keeper. Lots of spice and tastes so yummy right out of the oven.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 7 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 large egg
For the spiced glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- A pinch of all spice
- A pinch ginger
- A pinch ground cloves
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices.
With your hands, mix the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
In a medium bowl combine the pumpkin, sugar, cream and egg with a whisk. Fold into the dry ingredients and mix with a large spoon until the dry bits at the bottom of the bowl have been incorporated.
With your hands, pat the mix into a ball and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Continue to shape into a ball, then gently press down and out, forming the dough into a flattened circle about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick. If the edges of the circle start to crack just place the palm of your hand against the edge and gently press the dough back in. Dust a large, sharp knife with flour and cut the dough into six triangles. Slide the knife under each triangle to help you lift and transfer it to the prepared baking sheet.
I think I've finally got your chili recipe down, Dad! I got the Rotel and I think of you every time I chop the heck out of those veggies!
The kids chose their costumes and I only made one last minute run to one store this year for a pacifier and bottle for Sela who changed her costume idea many, many times. I made it to all the class parties and really enjoyed watching the kids and all their friends celebrating.

Sela becoming a baby.


Sela and friends

Sela's friend, Treela, with her precious baby sister.

I love this shot...both fourth graders in Sela's class! The girls are obviously having their growth spurts a bit earlier than the boys!

Nina, Maisy & Sydney

Nina's red carpet moment

Nina and her best little buddy, Kate!
And last but not least, Zig and I went to the Hansen's international themed Halloween party. I had one decent outift that would fit the theme so India it was!

Zig is a good sport. He loves dressing up. I mean just look at that face! Okay, yes, I bribed him...again.
Happy Halloween!
4 comments:
Love Zig's face, classic!!
I make MY OWN chili thank you ;) Don't think I can switch!! I love having that tradition. I do pumpkin muffins though but I think I'll have to try the scones one of these times, they look wonderful!
The kids all looked GREAT! Happy Halloween!!
Dad's is the best, Erin :) You need to try it one year. It's the one time I don't go vegetarian!
I had to chuckle at you and Zig's picture -- he truly is a good sport. I like your outfit and the kiddoes look so cute in their costumes.
Zig looks like he likes to dress up just about as much as Adam does! Those scones sound so good, and if there's pumpkin in it, I must try it! Your kids are so cute all dressed up. I love the little been and Sela is so funny as a giant baby girl. That fishie costume is fantastic!
Post a Comment