Tuesday, November 23, 2010

"It's pitch white out there!" -Nina

We had this unexpected arctic blast this week! Freezing temperatures...almost single digits at night and lots of snow. We  talked about the possibility of snow all last week. The kids hoped and prayed for it. Sunday we had flurries and Monday it stuck, much to the everyone's delight. Tuesday school was canceled and I was just as thrilled as the kids. We slept in, played board games, did lots of sledding, hot chocolate, movies and Nina and I braved the roads to get some last minute Thanksgiving groceries. It was a long, wonderful day. Did I mention sunny? I absolutely love the look of the trees and yard with a fresh blanket of white. I had a prayer of thanksgiving in my heart all day long for this gorgeous afternoon.












1 comment:

Erin said...

Sooooo fun!!!! Wish I could be there to play in the snow with you guys!!