Tuesday, November 23, 2010

memory lane

On Sunday morning when the first snow flurries were spotted through the window, Nina and Rollin were beyond excited. Rollin ran out in a t-shirt and shorts and Nina in her nightgown. After a few minutes they came in for a few more layers and a snack. They were a sight! I snapped a few shots, mostly because they were just so excited. When I uploaded them in the evening, I was struck at how much they totally reminded me of scenes from my childhood. My parents also had a "farm stage" when my siblings and I were near the same ages as our children are now. We have so many photos of us looking like little ragamuffins but with so much childlike delight in our eyes. The naked 18 month old Evan in furry boots picking apples today is the naked little Ryan in his cowboy boots whizzing off the porch 28 years ago! Mom always said those years in Fredericksburg were the best years. I know they are a treasured memory for me and a huge part of why Zig and I are now living our own "farm stage!"


1 comment:

Erin said...

Those are the cutest faces!! I can feel there excitement, fun!!