Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Five Minute Post (quick update)

I don't have much time to post because the last two weeks have been crazy. We have been busy, busy, busy getting the house ready to list. It is totally exhausting. I signed papers at the escrow company today for the new house but Zig and I couldn't find a time to go together so he will do the same tomorrow. Lucky me, I got to sign with the circus going on in the background. When Rollin wasn't jumping up and down and trying to flip off the swivel chair, he was trying his best to crawl up on the table and scribble on the official documents or push my hands while I tried to sign. Such fun.

John left us on his trek to Washington DC last week and the girls were sad to see him leave. We all were. They mentioned today in the car how they miss three people....sarah, eliza, and john. We are excited for he and Erin as they embark on this new adventure. We're also excited for John's new job which sounds wonderful. I didn't succeed in getting them to move to Seattle, but I have faith the day will come.

The kids have been helping me get ready but we did get out and do a few fun things last week. We went to Dave adn Lisa's along with lots of other friends for dinner on Sunday. Our friends Heidi and Riley were visiting with their kids and we met them in Kirkland so the kids could watch the juggler. Later in the week a big group of us..Davis', Horlachers, Hansens and the kids and I met for Thai food. But other than that, it's been lots of work. The girls both gave talks in primary. Nina gave her first scripture and prayer and Sela wrote and gave her own talk. We practiced a lot and she did great. On Sunday as we were driving home from church, we had Zig pull over and pick some blackberries real quick for a blackberry pie. Blackberries grow wild EVERYWHERE here so he had enough for a pie in about ten minutes.

Sela had an art camp last week completely devoted to drawing horses. She loved it and learned a lot. Her art show was on Friday and we were really surprised at some of her pictures. It was fun to go and see all she had been working on all week. She is now trying to sell them to us.














I went to Lake Chelan this weekend for a bookclub retreat. It was wonderful. I haven't spent much time in the sun and I got a major sunburn on my legs. We are always in the sun but I am never still and just lounging like we did this weekend so the burn was quite a shocker. Luckily I wore sunscreen everywhere else. We just floated around in the lake. Some of the girls rode waverunners and went boating, but I was soooooo happy to lay on my raft and float. We also ate at this amazing little restaurant for breakfast called Blueberry Hill. Oh. My. Gosh. The best coconut creme waffles I have ever tasted. We were all just dying at how yummy everything was. That alone was worth the three hour drive. We had fun crusing in Debbie's baby blue bug with the top down :) The company was great and even though it was a short getaway, it was a blast. The kids and Zig were fine and also had a great time.















Now for the crazy next few days....I made plans for us to go to the Out n' About Treehouse Resort in southern Oregon this week and Zig had meetings come up that he couldn't miss. I cancelled half the reservation but knew I had to take the kids for at least part as they were looking very forward to it. So we traded Zig for Darcie and her three girls! We both know it's crazy....two women and six kids under 7, but we're doing it and we are both totally excited, as are the girls. We expect total chaos and are looking forward to quite the adventure. We're packing the car tonight and I'm picking them up at 4am tomorrow. Whew. That's all for now. Back in a few days....

No comments: