Well, we expected complete chaos, and our little darlings delivered! Darcie and I went to the treehouse resort in southern Oregon with all six little ones and we were both so exhausted today when we finally made it home. How we would have loved to drop the kids off with Geoff and Zig, hop right back in the car and keep on driving! But alas, there is no rest for the weary. It was quite an adventure and I think Darcie and I are bonded for life, kind of in the way people who have endured some sort of trauma together bond :)
Actually, it was quite a fun few days and a totally new experience. Sela and Nina are already planning to go back. I loved the atmosphere, and it was a child's dream. Treehouses everywhere, bridges in the air, berries to be picked, horses, and lots of delightful children to play with. The kids will have great memories of hours of carefree running around and exploring. There were about 14 treehouses of varying sizes and heights. We were in the largest one and it wasn't too high in the trees. We had a big deck with a view of the spring fed pool which was nice. Under our treehouse was a rope swing and hammock. The girls and Rollin spent most of their time running around , playing on the various rope swings, petting the horses, and meeting friends. The pool was wonderful and though the girls thought it was too cold to get entirely in, they played around it a lot and took little dips. There was so much access to the horses all over the place so Sela was in heaven. She was able to go on a trail ride on her own big horse which was so exciting for her. They trotted and went across a stream and spent time on trails in a national forest that bordered the property.
There was plenty of drama with five girls and Rollin did his part to make sure I never ever sat still. Between trying desperately to kill himself climbing up the ladder to the loft, pouring gasoline all over his legs, and climbing up dangerous stairs to the bridges up in the trees, he completely wore me out. He is such a little sweetie and so good natured, but he has no fear and is totally determined to do EVERYTHING he sees the older kids do.
Our drive down was almost perfect...we left early and the kids were happy and excited and content. Thank goodness for the DVD player. Coming home was another story. I can't revisit it yet. But we definitely had an adventure and I'm glad we did it. We haven't been on many road trips with the kids, so maybe I'm a big wimp but it was a long day coming home. I would love to go back in the future. I think having our husbands with us would have made it so much easier for me and Darcie. We laughed a lot together when alone we might have cried. Ahhh, life with small children. I wouldn't trade it but I can't say I wasn't a wee bit envious of the women with children a few years older lounging at the pool without a care in the world.
Actually, it was quite a fun few days and a totally new experience. Sela and Nina are already planning to go back. I loved the atmosphere, and it was a child's dream. Treehouses everywhere, bridges in the air, berries to be picked, horses, and lots of delightful children to play with. The kids will have great memories of hours of carefree running around and exploring. There were about 14 treehouses of varying sizes and heights. We were in the largest one and it wasn't too high in the trees. We had a big deck with a view of the spring fed pool which was nice. Under our treehouse was a rope swing and hammock. The girls and Rollin spent most of their time running around , playing on the various rope swings, petting the horses, and meeting friends. The pool was wonderful and though the girls thought it was too cold to get entirely in, they played around it a lot and took little dips. There was so much access to the horses all over the place so Sela was in heaven. She was able to go on a trail ride on her own big horse which was so exciting for her. They trotted and went across a stream and spent time on trails in a national forest that bordered the property.
There was plenty of drama with five girls and Rollin did his part to make sure I never ever sat still. Between trying desperately to kill himself climbing up the ladder to the loft, pouring gasoline all over his legs, and climbing up dangerous stairs to the bridges up in the trees, he completely wore me out. He is such a little sweetie and so good natured, but he has no fear and is totally determined to do EVERYTHING he sees the older kids do.
Our drive down was almost perfect...we left early and the kids were happy and excited and content. Thank goodness for the DVD player. Coming home was another story. I can't revisit it yet. But we definitely had an adventure and I'm glad we did it. We haven't been on many road trips with the kids, so maybe I'm a big wimp but it was a long day coming home. I would love to go back in the future. I think having our husbands with us would have made it so much easier for me and Darcie. We laughed a lot together when alone we might have cried. Ahhh, life with small children. I wouldn't trade it but I can't say I wasn't a wee bit envious of the women with children a few years older lounging at the pool without a care in the world.
I tried to figure out how to post a slideshow and somehow it posted twice...I cannot figure out how to delete one. So any of you (all two of you who read this) who know how to get rid of the slideshow, please advise.


3 comments:
Ashley, I feel exhausted just reading about your trip and seeing the pictures. I would DIE crossing those bridges, let alone watching my children cross them!! Looks like an absolute blast but I can only imagine the exhaustion you are feeling. So beautiful, we all need to move to Washington ;)
I agree with Amber...We all need to move to Washington. Aubry and I were picking out our top 10 places we would live, and if Washington was closer to our families I think we would choose that as number 1. That tree house looks like so much fun! Definitely something I would have loved as a kid, but now that I think of it I would also DIE if I saw Savy crossing those bridges! Keep up the good work and don't wear yourself out!
About the slide show: in the edit post go to edit HTML. You should see a html around where the slide show is on your post that starts off with < and then a letter by it and closes with a > That's the beginning and end of your slide show. delete the second one that's under the first one and then see. If it doesn't work go back and delete it all and go to slide.com and copy the html again and paste it once. IT should work then. I hope that helps!
Post a Comment